Sunday, November 15, 2015

Sunday Night Football vs Food Prep.....

I finally did some food prep tonight. I have talked about doing it for years and never really have. I have heard how long the prep actually takes and that is what kills my mood for it. A friend of mine was nice enough to share a bunch of crock pot freezer meals that require no cooking prep at all (SCORE).



I truly had very little to even chop this go round. The shopping for all the food took much longer than any of the prepping and freezing did.

The recipes that I chose were strategic in the fact that I was pretty confident would be impossible to screw up, and that the family would like. As time goes on, I will try more and more.

I made my moms "famous" chili, lemon pepper chicken, BBQ baby back ribs, buffalo shredded chicken, 'Monster' Cheeseburger, and spicy beef and carrots.

I really hope this works out and I keep up on it. Using these on busy nights will be a huge help. Then the less busy nights we will just cook one of our easy go to meals that takes 30 minutes or less from start to finish.


Happy Sunday!! Not really though.....rough day of football. Everyone have a fabulous week!


1 comment:

  1. There are a lot of busy mom's that swear by this! So many options out there! I agree with you... I think the planning and shopping would probably take the most time, but worth it in the end! Love you all :)

    ReplyDelete